- Highway to Hell is the sixth studio album by Australian hard rock band AC/DC.
- It was released on July 27, 1979, by Albert Productions in Australia and Atlantic Records internationally.
- It was the last album to feature lead singer Bon Scott, who died on February 19, 1980.
- The album was a commercial success, reaching number 17 on the Billboard 200 chart in the United States and number 1 in Australia.
- It has been certified 14x platinum by the RIAA in the United States, selling over 14 million copies.
- The album spawned four singles: "Highway to Hell", "T.N.T.", "Back in Black", and "Shoot to Thrill".
- All four singles were successful on the charts, with "Highway to Hell" reaching number 17 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in the United States.
- Highway to Hell is considered to be one of the greatest hard rock albums of all time.
- It was ranked number 20 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time.
- The album was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame in 2003.
Highway to Hell is a classic hard rock album that helped to solidify AC/DC's status as one of the greatest rock bands of all time. The album is full of catchy songs, memorable riffs, and powerful vocals. It is a must-have for any fan of hard rock music.
|Original Release: 1979.|
|Catalog No: 69699 80206 2.|
|Additional: Deluxe Edition / Remastered.