This album was recorded in September 1975 and January 1976 at Rockfield Studios in Wales.
- It was originally intended to be released in 1976, but the label refused to release it and it got shelved.
- It was finally released in 1979, after the commercial success of Motörhead's second and third albums, Overkill and Bomber.
- The album features the band's original lineup of Lemmy on vocals and bass, Larry Wallis on guitar, and Lucas Fox on drums.
- The album is a raw and heavy slice of early Motörhead, with songs like "On Parole", "Lost in the Ozone", and "Motörhead" setting the template for the band's future sound.
- The album was not well-received by critics at the time of its release, but it has since been re-evaluated and is now considered a classic of early heavy metal.
If you're a fan of early Motörhead, then On Parole is an essential album. It's a raw and furious slice of heavy metal that helped to define the genre.
|Original Release Date: 1979.|
|Catalog No: LBR 1004X.|
|Size: 12" double vinyl record.|
|Additional: 180 Gram / Includes Bonus LP of Unreleased Tracks & Linear Notes.|